Coursework - Poetry 100del

The Right Track
I love watching the trains go past,
At the speed of light,
they whiz by so fast,
I have this desire that I can’t repress,
Who will clean up my sanguinary mess?

“Everybody please stand back!”

Something about the way he said that,
My heart beating as fast as the thoughts rushing to my head.
I can almost feel the electricity from the tracks,
Now there’s no turning back.
I can hear it coming,
I feel it in my bones,
Everyone is oblivious, nobody knows…

“The 18:44 train on platform 2 is now delayed,
Due to someone falling in front of the train.
We apologise profusely for this delay.”

Lang Leav
A poet once said that heartbreak is hearing
Every goodbye you’ve ever heard all at once.
But it’s more like a dagger in your heart,
Twist the knife, tear me apart.
Walk away; or throw away my pieces,
You wouldn’t be the first to leave here bleeding.

Good-night Gramps
Keep a place for me.
He squeezed my hands 3 times, to say I love you.
I knew he was slipping away, but I was unprepared for this day.

I was watching him gently slip away,
Thinking please stay.
Please don’t go, I beg.
Keep a place for me, he said.

I squeezed his hand three more times, just to say I love you.
That’s when the beeping starts, it’s all over, he’s gone
But here comes the shooting pain in my heart,
Why is god so cruel?

That’s when I wake up,
It’s all a dream,
And I sigh and tell myself, “You never got to say goodbye, you fool.”


Comments

Popular Posts